Wednesday 11 February 2015

Database Creation Part 3

Check the tools release status.
We have to run the script rel854n
Edit and run grant.sql
Now open app designer to verify.
Run msgtlsupg.dms in bootstrap mode.
Invoke data mover in user mode and run ptpatch.dms
Run storeddl.dms in user mode.
Comment all the statements except DDLORA.DMS
Login to Application Designer
Go to Tools → Copy Project → From File
Navigate to PS_HOME\projects and select PPLTLS84CUR from the list and click the select button.

Copy the project PPLTLS84CURDEL
Apply the patched peopletools database objects. Copy project – PATCH854
Altering PeopleTools Tables
Open project PPLTLS84CUR in application designer.
Select Build → Project
Click settings
Run the generate sql script.
Copy project PT84TBLSPC
Running Alter Tools Tables
Click ok and Build
Run the generated SQL.
Run pslanguages.dms (SYSADM)
Run tlsupgnoncomp.dms (SYSADM)
Open datamover in user mode.
Run msgtleng.dms
Run ptstreng.dms
Run ptdefnsec.dms
Run createvw.dms
Run Version Application Engine Program
Open command prompt as Administrator
Navigate to <PS_HOME>\bin\client\winx86
psae -CD FIN92DMO -CT ORACLE -CO VP1 -CP VP1 -R RESETVERSIONS -AI VERSION
Run setspace.sqr
Open sqrw.exe under PS_HOME\bin\sqr\ora\BINW
-ZIFE:\pt8.54\sqr\pssqr.ini -IE:\pt8.54\sqr\ -fC:\temp\ddsaudit.htm -keep -printer:ht
Save the project.





4 comments:

  1. I couldn't sign login to application designer. I have created two users on DEMO database as 'SYSADM' and password 'SYSADM' and 'people' and password 'people'. How do you map user id (SYSADM), connect id (people), and password (......) on the configuration manager and on the login at application designer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't use username SYSADM and password SYSADM to login in Application Designer. But I was able to do it in Data Mover. Did I miss anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind, it's working for me now. Actually, the user is VP1 and Password as we setup it up. I just put vp1 as my password

      Delete
    2. I couldn't log into Application Designer/Data mover using PS. But I could log into Data mover using SYSADM. I could connect to db with sysadm and people over the network so I don't think it could be listener issue. I cross verified with grant.sql as well. Please help me out to resolve it. But then I couldn't find out the ways to overcome this login issue.

      Delete